Why should I purchase a custom mouthguard?
The optimal protection a custom mouthguard provides can prevent concussions, brain damage, jaw dislocation, fractures, or teeth loss. Custom mouthguards also fit better than standard mouthguards. They allow athletes to breathe and talk easier. Athletes are more likely to wear a custom mouthguard, and that thereby minimizes the chances of injury.
What are the benefits of a custom mouthguard?
Custom mouthguards provide comfort, correct thickness and maximum protection for all teeth, including the posterior teeth. They are designed with the patient’s dental and health history in mind, and may be designed for a particular sport.
What sports are mouthguards used for?
- Discus Throwing
- Field Hockey
- Ice Hockey
- Martial Arts
- Water Polo
- Weight Lifting
How do I care for my mouthguard?
Patients need to take care of their mouthguards by doing the following:
- Rinse before and after each use or brush with toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Occasionally clean the mouthguard in cool, soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
- Transport the mouthguard in a sturdy container that has vents.
- Make sure not to leave the mouthguard in the sun or in hot water.
- Replace your mouthguard at the beginning of every new sports season. You should also replace your mouthguard if you notice it has become worn and no longer fits properly.
- Do not wear a retainer with your mouthguard.
- If you wear braces, your dentist will help design a mouthguard to protect your teeth and your braces.
- Do not chew on or cut pieces off of your mouthguard.
- Bring your mouthguard to each dental checkup, so your dentist can check to make sure it's still in good shape!
How long does it take to receive my mouthguard?
7-10 days. This does not include shipping and travel time.
How much does shipping cost?
First Class (USPS) - Free
Ground - $8.00
2-day - $16.00
Overnight - $25.00